|Artist||The Dresden Dolls|
|Written by||Amanda Palmer|
|Album(s)||A Is for Accident|
Thirty Whacks is a song by The Dresden Dolls.
- Thirty licks with a belt, same old tricks on myself.
- And I wonder does everyone else live this way?
- A succession of tests, a triumphant success,
- Each time, I'm still in-tact, at the end of the day.
- Thirty drops in a glass, keep my temper and pass
- With my breath held. You bastards, you lucked out again!
- It's not really so bad. There's still mom, there's still
- Damage to do before they wrest the axe from my hands.
- It's no mystery you should obviously go,
- Before I break everything
- You're always telling me that you're dying to know
- But you're not really listening.
- How do I manage to station myself in harms way,
- And only get hit with a ticket for loitering...
- That I have no way to pay? And no strength to argue.
- My personal demons can scheme with professional flair...
- Oh, god, they're after me!
- If I could shut them out just for a second,
- I swear
- I could stop this catastrophe.
- Thirty day guarantee,
- But they can't have meant me.
- After all, I was born to a child-proof world.
- No sharp corners, or glass,
- Small objects, or plastic bags.
- Please, these are death to a delicate girl.
- It's no mystery - you should obviously know
- That I'll destroy everything.
- So don't go telling me that you're dying to know-
- 'Cause you'll get what you're asking for.
- And I still manage to station myself in harm's way,
- And only get hit with a ticket for loitering,
- Stating I came the wrong day.
- Now all the demons are screaming, their wages aren't fair.
- I've left a secret kept.
- If I could shut them up just for a second, I swear
- It'll look like an accident.
- I could be decent yet!
- The magnificent end
- I could be president....
- A Is for Accident (live) - 2003
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.